Playing with Stuffs (and technologies)
- Play 2.0: the web framework
- Scala: the server side language + templating system
- Akka 2.0: to sent async event
- Neo4J: the backend graph service (used in coalition with an emerging Play 2.0 Plugin)
- CoffeeScript: the client side language
- LESS: the client side styling language
- Bootstrap: the Twitter's HTML+CSS layout framework
- d3.js: the rendering library
- HTML5's SSE: the spec compliant way to deal continually with a server
- Heroku: the hosting provider
This site present a form to add Stuffs (use the `plus` button), a Stuff contains stuffs (a string, a boolean, an int and a group). Each Stuff are rendered in a specific color depending of its group in a force graph. And all Stuffs can be connected by clicking pairs of them in the graph (and entering the link type).
When using the site a line graph is automatically updated with server messages telling that new Stuffs has been added. This graph gives the number of them since first connection.
The force graph is also updated whenever some one is adding Stuffs or links, without polling...
How to User
- Click on + => add stuff (foo = String, baz = number) and validate: Will create a new Stuff in neo4j
- Click on two Stuffs in the graph to link them => Will create a relation in neo4j (try it 11 times... ^^)